Saturday, August 09, 2008

Blast from the Past

About a week ago, T and I went and had lunch with an old childhood friend of ours. After thinking about it we realized that we probably hadn't seen each other in about 16 years. Seriously? Where does the time go? I have also been going through some old pictures here recently, so that makes for a good "then and now" comparison.

Some of my most favorite memories as a child, teen, and even an adult are those of a summer camp I've attended since about 5th grade. This pic is from 1992; C and I on skit night. Get a load of my hair. Those were the days of "wings" where you'd take a blow dryer and blow the sides of your hair while spraying enough hair spray to totally destroy the ozone layer.
Now, 16 years later, between the 3 of us we have 8 kids. And this is what it looks like to be all grown up. She fixed us a delicious lunch and it was really great to catch up with her and spend some time with her and her boys. Hopefully we won't let another 16 years go by before we do it again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see these picture... the poka Dots hurt my eyes... Whine and Cheese please. Grin.
I like the Big hair... LOL
love ya, Mom

Heather M. said...

Awww, that's awesome! Sounds like a fun meet-up!

Shelly Brewer said...

AWWWW! I love these photos! so sweet!

Dawn Bibbs said...

Ok, have I been away from reading blogs THAT long? I LOVE the new look of your page. You KNOW I'm really feeling that B&W Damask print you've got goin on :-). Looks great!

I love the pictures of you and your friends. How special! Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl Wray said...

I am loving your big hair!!