Thursday, September 14, 2006

This is really happening..

I thought I was completely prepared to have this baby. Not only just the basic stuff we needed to have done, like the completed nursery, all our initial supplies, etc, but mentally and emotionally as well. I mean, I've been feeling her move around in there since about week 14-15. I know I'm going to have a baby. But it's strange how the reality of things doesn't necessarily hit even with all the previously mentioned aspects of being pregnant.

This morning about 3:30am, I got up to use the bathroom (for about the 3rd time), but this time I never made it back to sleep. I was having contractions and they were coming anywhere from 3-9 minutes apart. They weren't bad, they were bearable, but after an hour and a half of that, I started getting concerned. Could this be it? I wasn't expecting it to not be obvious if I was in true labor. So about 5:30 I went ahead and got up, took a shower and made sure I had everything ready and packed to go to the hospital. Moving around helped the contractions and I went from 6:00 to 6:45 without one. I've had 3 or 4 in the last hour - hour and a half and they haven't been near as bad as the ones from early this morning.

It's approaching 8:00, so I'm about to give my Dr's office a call. While I don't think I'm in true labor this could very well be the prelude to what may be just around the corner. Needless to say, I'm taking it easy today. It's been branded in my head how important it is to rest at this point. I'm really going to have a baby. I thought I realized that by now.

No comments: