Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Two Posts in One Day??

Ok, so I know I already posted a quick picture today, but I got click happy with my camera this afternoon and have some more pictures I want to post.

This morning I went to a photography class held by Heather Bookout Photography. It was a basic overview about learning to shoot in Manual mode to get better pictures of your kids. So when I got home this afternoon and after Natalie's nap, I was ready to take some pictures.

One of the tips she gave about taking pics of kids ages 1-3 was to just let them explore. You as the photographer take on a paparazzi type role and just shoot lots of pictures. And this totally makes sense because it almost never works well when you are TRYING to get them to look at the camera and smile. There's way more interesting stuff to see at that age than a camera lens. I took a ball outside with us and had John help me throw it around and play with her so I could hopefully get her at least walking or facing my direction.

I had lighting/shadow issues because the sun kept going in and out of clouds. But I tried not to get to caught up in that because I just wanted some practice.










I took pictures for maybe 15 minutes and took 150 shots. The more you take the better chance of getting good ones. And I am so glad that John spotted the yellow flower and showed it to her, because even though she doesn't look at the camera much at all in those, I love how they turned out.

11 comments:

Gayle said...

She is having such fun!!
Is that a dandlion? spelling? its still pretty. Glad you got to get outside today.
love you all 4, Mom

amydc said...

Great job babe! I smell some photog in somebody's future.
And what a little cutie pie subject to take 150 shots of!

SheilaB said...

I really like the one where she's sitting down picking the flower petals with her fingers. Her toes pointing in makes her look so care free. :-)

Cheryl Wray said...

I LOVE #s 4, 5, and 9 (9 is my absolute favorite!!!!!!). You did a GREAT job!!!

Kimberly said...

Love them all...you did a great job! You can use my kids to practice any time...LOL!

Laura said...

Leah-you are doing such a great job with your photography! Keep it up and open up your own business on the side.

Laura =)

Brianna said...

Great job! Love how they all turned out! What editing software are you using?

Chris said...

Great photos, I love the one where she is holding the flower. Oh, so cute!!

Adriann said...

I especially like the one where she's bending down to get a better look. It's so clear and vibrant!

I'm having a one year anniversary RAK. Come by and see me.

Blessings!

Jude said...

Thise pictures are soooo amazing!! I love them and you are becoming such a great photographer!

Paula said...

Simply beautiful photos. I just love your style.