* How did you and your husband meet?
I thank God often for the huge snow storm we had here in North Alabama in 1993. In March of all months! We just don't get snow down here, but that year we did. I was a junior in High School and I had a really good friend who was dating a guy that worked with John. My friend's boyfriend was so determined to play matchmaker and set John up with someone, so he gave John my number. If it hadn't of been for that snow storm he may have never called. He was such a shy guy and committed to his college studies 110%. Thank goodness he got snowed in and was sitting at home with nothing to do. My mother wouldn't let me go out on a date with him since I had never met him. So, I had a party and invited him to come, so that we could meet. We went out on our first date a week after that party.
* How were you proposed to?
Nothing very romantic about the proposal. I had gone with him to pick out a ring and I knew he had picked it up that day. We were standing in his front yard and he simply asked me to marry him.
* Was it love at first sight, or did it build slowly?
I definitely liked him at first sight, but falling in love with him happened over time.
* What is the most romantic gift you’ve received? I have 2. The first one is a swavorski rose that he gave during the first couple years we dated. A rose that would never die. He wrote the most beautiful poem along with it. Sadly I don't remember what year! But we dated 6 years before getting married, so hopefully that doesn't sound terrible that I don't remember what year. The other really romantic gift was on Valentine's Day of 1994. I had recently started collecting cherished teddy figurines and when I got home there was a dozen roses along with 8 cherished teddy figurines holding abc block letters spelling I Love You.
* Where did you go on your honeymoon? Gulf Shores, AL
* What words would you use to describe your marriage? Safe, loving, cherished, secure.There you have it.. a little bit of our history. I am so grateful to God everyday that he is in my life and I thank God everyday for him and the beautiful daughter he has blessed us both with!