Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Publix Trip 4/21

Let me just preface this post by saying that today's Publix trip was, for the most part, an indulgence trip. Everything you see here is stuff we don't normally buy or even need (with the exception of the lone pack of pork chops and the paper towels... oh and the girls will eat the yogurt for breakfast or snacks. That's healthy right?) My sweet tooth will be happy, even the Rice Krispies are to make Rice Krispie Treats!
But here's how it breaks down:

(2) Windex Multi Purpose Cleaner -3.39(2) = 6.78
(2) Scrubbling Bubbles Bathroom Power Spray - 7.99(2) = 15.98
Publix Paper Towels = 2.39
(3) Betty Crocker Cookie Mix - 2.67(3) = 8.01
(2) Rice Krispies - 3.99(2) = 7.98
(2) Toaster Struddles - 2.39(2) = 4.78
(2) Edwards Frozen Desserts - 2.79(2) =5.58
(2) YoPlus Yogurt 4pk -2.50(2) = 5.00
Donuts = 2.19
Pork Chops = 3.59
Grand Total = 62.28 plus tax
Most of this stuff was on sale, so after this weeks sale and my coupons I paid: 13.44 plus tax!
I know publix gets reimbursed by the manufacturers for all my coupons, but I still kinda felt like I hap ripped off the place!
*Edited to add: The Windex and Scrubbing Bubbles qualify for a mail in rebate, bringing my total down to $8.44!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We don't have publix in my area but there is a Meijer that is a couple towns over (50 miles...I live in a very rural area). Anyway, I went there last week and got some ridiculously good deals like that. It's very exciting. Definitely adds some fun into the grocery shopping.

Brianna said...

Woo Hoo! I'm planning on making the same trip later today!

Cheryl Wray said...

Wow!! That is amazing!!! I need to learn how to use coupons.