Thursday, May 13, 2010

One of Those Days

Today has not been a very good day so far for me. Not because of anything that's happening ( I have PLENTY to be thankful for.) but just one of those days I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I've been in a bad mood pretty much since my feet hit the floor. My patience has run thin with the kids, my house is a complete disaster, and I'm tired.

Natalie had a picnic today at her school, and if I'm being completely honest, I just didn't want to go. But I packed up a lunch, dressed the girls in their cute new dresses, and went anyway. I even said a prayer on the way there asking for help with my attitude. I wanted to snap out of it.
But when we got home, I wasn't much better. I started a load of clothes and put both kids down for a nap. Natalie doesn't normally take one, so I actually hear her playing in her room, but a little quiet time was needed. Especially for me.

So I decided to sit here and download the pictures I took of the girls before we left for the picnic.
And this is what I found.


Seriously? How can I possibly be in a bad mood when I have these two? Honestly? Does it get any better than this? I love those girls more than words can ever describe. And I have NO REASON to have a bad day. So what if the house is a mess. THIS is what matters.

Thank you Lord for answering that earlier prayer.

No comments: