Monday, February 01, 2010

All Things Dixie Pieces

This was my first month designing with the Dixie Pieces kit. And it's such a fun and colorful one!
So without further ado, here are my pages and a card.

Journaling on this first one says: Taking a family photo is usually always an adventure. I'm glad my brother kept clicking in between posed shots. It tells a more complete story. Like how John just really wanted to show off Abby's baby belly!

(My cute nephew Wyatt features in the page above.)


I also just purchased the Slice die cutting machine with some Christmas Money, and I put it to use cutting the title and some flowers for "Outtakes" and I also used it to cut those big letters in "RICE KRISPY"The kit is on sale HERE. And you can see what the other gals did with it, HERE.

In other Dixie Pieces news, we have the 3rd annual Beat the Winter Blues Crop coming up this weekend. Feb 5th-7th. The crop will get underway on Friday, February 5th in the morning. Challenges and games will be posted all weekend. Can't scrap that weekend? No worries! The deadline for posting your creations is not until February 18th! That's right, you will have almost 2 weeks to qualify for the Grand Prize Drawing! Prize? Yep, you heard me right! The Grand Prize is a brand new March Kit and a goodie bag of fun stuff that Brenna & Sherry(the owners) picked up at CHA!
Put next weekend on your calendars and come on over and join us for some fun! The Design Team also used the Feb. kit for the challenge examples, so you'll see even more stuff created with the kit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Leah Great pic's... go Jared. I love the surprise post before this... I cried... shock... grin I then realized you had added this.

GOOD JOB as Nataie would say.

love you all, Obie

Unknown said...

fabulous los and cards, i love what you did with that kit!!