Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Pefect Fall Combo-Brown, Orange and PINK!

My good friend Jamie has started her own kit club as demonstrator for Stampin Up! I am lucky enough that she has asked me to design for her kits. Her debut kit is up for sale now. Love the colors in this one. Of course I can never get enough pink.

So here's what I did.
First off, I am not a card person. I always think about how usually a card is read and then tossed, and it's hard for me to make something that I know is most likely gonna get thrown away. Plus I just don't feel like I'm very good at it. However for whatever reason this kit really put me in the mood for cards. AND I actually enjoyed it, so there may be more cards in my future.
For this first layout, I used sections of several of the patterned papers and 3 tags along the bottom. Everything is from the kit except for the letters which are American Craft thickers. Also used my Fiskars scallop punch.


Stampin Up! Has some really great ribbon. The brown strip with stitching at the bottom of this page is just a piece of what came in the kit. You get 1 yard of three different kinds.

This last page is one I squeezed in at the last minute. Addtional products for this one include; Alpha and number stickers by American Crafts and Making Memories and pink flower and heart felt embellishments by Fancy Pants. Can you tell I really like my scallop border punch?

After I finished this layout I realized 2 of the 3 had "cute" in the title. Ironically I try not to use that very often because it becomes a little cliche. Sometimes it feels like a "go to" word when you're lacking a title idea. In this last layout I actually used it because my letter stickers were an assortment of colors and it was the only word I could come up with using the letters that were orange. HA. Didn't know scrapbookers had little secrets huh?

You can check out the kit here!

4 comments:

Brianna said...

Love these pages! And the cards are great! I loved using this kit too, I'll have to get my pages up soon!

Kris said...

Love the colors! And I think the 'cute as a button' layout is adorable...but where are the buttons? LOL Hmm...maybe all the embellishments on my pages is why my scrapbooks are so thick?

The cards came out great--and you know what, you'll find yourself really enjoying cardmaking at Christmastime!

Cheryl Wray said...

All three of those pages are seriously GORGEOUS!!!!!! I may have to scraplift the designs. Great job!!!

Charin Adams said...

How fun!! :) :)
I love Stampin Up because the sell the sigma white pens...my absolutel fave! :)