Friday, January 11, 2008

New Layouts

I started out this month with a goal of doing one layout a day for the month of January. That hasn't happened. I am feeling better now that I'm in the second trimester, but I'm having a lot of headaches and still more tired than usual, so my night's are sometimes better well spent in bed rather than scrapbooking. Last night I was feeling pretty good, so I got a few pages done.
The second one was for scrapjacked, and the third one is for the One Little Word challenge, using the word prompt, "steps".




Last night I also tried to get a bunch of pictures ordered so I have a good supply on hand of stuff to scrap. I haven't scrapbooked since October, so I have October, November, and December pictures to print. I have over 900 pictures for those 3 months. I'm obviously not going to print all of those and I certainly can't and won't scrapbook them all. I used to feel I should scrapbook every picture, but now in this day and age with digital photography, that is not even a reasonable expectation. Now I just have to sort through them all, pick out the best ones for printing, put them into regular photo albums and then pick my absolute favorites to scrap.
I'm hoping I can get in the habit of uploading for printing at least once a month.
900 pics.
Over 3 Months time.
I guess I need to classify photography as a favorite hobby. Ya' think?

8 comments:

~Telah said...

LOL...900 pictures! Whoa! That is too funny.

Shelly Brewer said...

these are all great!!

Charin Adams said...

I hear you, I need to print pictures too! I hope you feel lots better soon, I remember so well how tiring it is! :) (but so very worth it)
Charin

Mississippi Songbird said...

Great pictures! I enjoyed your blog!

Brianna said...

That might be some kind of record! 900 photos!!! I'm with you, I need to just start putting the photos in a regular album and scrap the special ones. I haven't even printed Tyler's 1st birthday and he's having his second this week!! AHHH!!!

Charin Adams said...

I know! Does it keep telling you that Flickr is getting "a massage"? I checked it about ten times yesterday! Ha ha

Kris said...

Don't be surprised when you have half as many pics of the new little one as you do the first....life takes over!

Have fun getting 'caught up' while you can, time's gonna be at a premium pretty soon! Me....I've got fourteen YEARS of scrapping to catch up on. oy....

Jamie said...

Just catching up on some website reading while the boys are down for their naps.

Tell us more about your photo system! So do you keep "regular" albums as well as scrapbooks. Details Please...