Monday, June 04, 2007

Scrappin Update

I took some more pictures of my layouts. Still not completely happy with the lighting/glare but it will have to do. Any of you scrappers have any tips for taking pics of your layouts? I tried taping them to my screen door (lots of outside, natural light) but it was TOO much light. You could see straight through the paper and pic! Maybe I need to take the pics when the sun is on the other side of the house? I dunno, but I'm open to any tips!

This first layout is for the Unpubbed Challenge. Used some of the new Love, Elsie products which I love! The title idea came from my mom. Back when I posted these pictures in the lo, she called Natalie the laundry Nat. Just had to use that, it was too cute.

This second one is for One Little Word. This particular challenge site has really taken off. I think they had over 200 entries for their very first challenge! Challenge #2 was to use the word STOP. I had to give this one some thought, but it didn't take long for Colin Raye's song "In This Life" to pop into my head. Some things may stop, but my love for my husband will remain. (awwww)


The rest of these are just a mixture of things. I mixed it up and did some 12x12 and 8.5 x 11's.


The journaling for the above layout says "Andrew (one of Telah's boys) really made us laugh making faces when we were taking pictures at the Opryland Hotel. We had to take one in his honor. What a cute cheesy grin!"


One last thing I want to mention. If you are into scrapbooking at all and you haven't checked out ScrapinStyle TV, get yourself over there now! :) I'm so impressed with this site. I just can't say it enough. It it put together so well, the gallery, the forum... and the webisodes are really cute. I'm currently anxiously awaiting some exclusive product by Kellie Crowe I ordered from there. And no I'm not getting paid to say this, the site is just that great! Check it out!

18 comments:

camport said...

Very cute. Love the title and how you came up with it.

I also really like the bright pink. I have 2 boys, so I rarely use pink.

Thanks for participating.

:)Chrissy
http://unpubbed.blogspot.com

amydc said...

Natalie's little look is changing. She's starting to look older! She's adorable.

Lynn said...

Love your take on the word 'STOP' Good job!

Lynn
one little word

Bethany E. said...

Great layouts! Love your STOP page...so creative!

Unknown said...

Some fantastic layouts you have been very busy :)

Karla Dudley said...

Ok... 'Tinny Fingers' just took my soul! How freakin' precious. She is absolutely darling. And your pages are seriously kickin' some major booty! LOVE them ALL!!!!!!

Catch you real soon
-Karla

Jamie said...

You are my scrapping hero! You always amaze me at how many pages you get done every week. Please come over here and show me how you do it!!

Love the picture of Natalie with John's finger in her mouth. So funny!

"The Laundry Nat" - I am definitely going to scrapjack you on that one!!

As far as photo tips - Brianna was telling us Friday to take them outside - stand directly over the layout - with no flash. I have also heard to put something white underneath the layout too.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

Dang girl. I wish I could get this many layouts done. You rock!

I usually scan my layouts but I have taken photos of them. I did it inside with only natural window light coming in. I also used a tripod and I turned off the flash. You need the tripod or a remote because of the low light, but you can adjust your manual settings if a tripod/remote isn't available. Let me know if you need help.

Jude said...

you are a scrapping machine!! I love all the LOS and the one you did for UnPubbed, well Natalie in that basket is just too stinking cute!! I love it! :)

Cheryl Wray said...

I absolutely LOVE the one you did for the Unpubbed challenge! But they are ALL gorgeous!!!

Charin Adams said...

Aww :) Your pages are cute! Love the way you used the Love, Elsie goodies :)

Anonymous said...

Leah, I love the treasures you are making for my Grand Baby. She will be so happy to have this great lay out of her baby days. The love John has for his girl is so obvious. What a jewel of a husband and father you found. Sherry would be so proud of him. I love you all so much. Mom

Fauve Design said...

Fun layouts girl,you totally rocked the Elsie papers!

Unknown said...

WOW O WOW!!! Leah...your LO's are just fab!!! I really love the fingers!! and you know how adorable I think natalie is!!!

Have a great night chica!!

Brianna said...

Hey Leah, remember me...Brianna from scrapbooking on Friday night?? Well I was going to share my tip on taking pictures, but I see Jamie has already mentioned it.
I love all your layouts! You really got a lot done! I love how you took the picture of Natalie in the basket. So cute!

~Telah said...

You got so much done Friday night that I didn't even get to see. Still loving the Laundry Nat!

Adriann said...

Great layouts, and I especially love "Laundry Nat." Clever!

Edleen said...

love all your layouts!