Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bragging on my Kids a Bit

My kids are rock stars. Really. The past two weeks they have amazed me with what all they have retained in their little brains. In the past 10 days they have memorized 4 Bible verses. I thought we'd be doing good with 1 a week, but they are showing me they are capable of so much more.

I had to get them on video saying some of the verses. Abigail may be a little hard to understand. She first quotes Acts 8:35 "Then Phillip opened his mouth, beginning at this scripture and told him the good news about Jesus".
She gets the reference wrong, so I then have her quote her reference (Proverbs 6:6) which is "Go to the ant, O sluggard, consider her ways and be wise." Then she re-quotes Acts 8:35. Hopefully you can understand her knowing what she's saying beforehand. :)




After the lesson we had this past Sunday at church services, I decided this one that Natalie says would be this week's verse. *Warning* You are about to get a glimpse of the wreck that is my living room 95% of the time.


And an added bonus to all this is that I'm memorizing these right along with them!

1 comment:

Virginia Carden said...

Fantastic! I find that memorizing Scripture now, at my advanced age, is soooo difficult! But I retain the verses that I memorized as a child -- and am so thankful that I had parents and teachers who had me do so! Your girls will benefit so greatly from your efforts!