Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Snapshots from the Gulf 2010

I planned a VERY last minute trip to Gulf Shores. When John got his schedule for June and he had 6 days in a row off, I knew this would be our only chance to take some kind of vacation before the baby gets here. So.. I found us a pretty decent deal on a condo and off we went.

Our first full day there was perfect. Sunny and hot! We spent the majority of the day out on the beach.

A

It took Abigail a bit to warm up to the sand, but once she did, she had no problem being covered in it from head to foot. She wasn't crazy about the water though. At one point we went down to the water to fill up some buckets for sand castles. On our way back up the beach, she stepped in some seaweed, and had what I thought was some dog poo on her foot. I took her back down to the water to rinse it off, but it would NOT come off. She was pitching a fit about being in the water and I was completely baffled as to why I couldn't get it off. Even trying to rub it with my hand and using a handful of sand I just couldn't get it all off. When we got back to our spot I used a towel to wipe her foot off. It then dawned on me that she had to of stepped in a tar ball. But we didn't see any more signs of them. Until the next morning... and the beach (where the tide came in) was COVERED in them.
We didn't let that ruin our fun. We still set up on the beach and let the kids play in the sand.

My brother-in-law and sis-in-law came down with us for the weekend. I think one of the best parts was some of the great food we had. I've always enjoyed the seafood down there, but this time seemed extra good! Maybe because I'm pregnant, I don't know. :)

(Waiting in the condo for Uncle Alan and Aunt Kelli to arrive before going out to eat at LuLu's.)


(My nephew Wyatt, with his pretty blue eyes!)

(Posing for a pic while enjoying a cracker at LuLu's.)

(Some fun with Daddy's sunglasses)


(Every time we drove by the souvenir shop, Natalie wanted to go inside and see the purple Octopus)

(The last good fit of the trip, largely due to lack of naps!)

(Dolphin ride at the souvenir shop.)


(Family shot on the condo balcony.)

We had a great time, despite the oil coming ashore. Can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

ScrappingMomOf3 said...

What a couple of cuties, Leah!