Monday, February 11, 2008

Once Upon a Time

There was a little girl named Natalie who was waiting to find out if she was going to get a baby brother or baby sister. She wasn't sure what had gone on earlier that day, just that they had watched something fuzzy on a TV and mommy and daddy had gotten excited. But for now, it was lunch time.
So after finishing up lunch. Dad has a little talk with Natalie. "There's something fun we have to tell you Natalie. Soon you will have someone to play with. Now you get to tell our family and friends if your getting a brother or sister."
Natalie wasn't sure what to think when Daddy told her the news, but she was excited to tell everyone, so mommy helped her make a sign, for the announcement...
Mommy is gonna have a baby...........


"Boys are yuck!" thought Natalie. "This calls for a celebration. Bring on the ice cream."


Natalie was enjoying the ice cream, but thoughts of her new baby sister were floating around in her head. "What exactly does this mean?" She wondered. "I'm still daddy's little girl right?"

"Of course, sweet girl." Dad answered. "It just means Daddy's heart's gonna grow a lot."

**********
So much to my surprise, we are having another GIRL! After all, pink is my favorite color.

15 comments:

April said...

Oh well, guess a lot of us were wrong! So much for the drano prego test! Congratulations!

Laura said...

Boy I think all your friends were wrong.. Congrats!

~Telah said...

How sweet! Tears to my eyes!

Kimberly said...

Love it...congrats!

Traci said...

Yea! I knew it. Congrats!

Dawn Bibbs said...

WOW...I got it right!!! Or should I say WRIGHT??? :-)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

So, now the next guessing game is what you're gonna name the baby. How bout "Natalie-Take 2"? Too long, huh? (well at least you're already used to saying that name, lol. Ok, here's another...Dawn is a beautiful name. Too 60's??? LOL

Congrats again, my friend.

Michelle B said...

how wonderful two girls! I remember when every said that my Owen would be a girl, but I knew he was a boy. I think people will usually say the oposite gender of your first. I think having two of the same gender is great. They can share toys and clothes and everything! My boys are 22 months apart and wonderful friends. Congratulations on your new little girl!

Gayle said...

Oh, I should not have read that...
It made me cry. What a neat set of Pictures... You done good Hun.
Natalie will have what you nor I never had.. a Sister.
I'm happy for us all!
Maybe a 3rd will be a boy? Smile I will take all I can get. Kiss John for me for another Grand Baby!
love ya, Mom

Unknown said...

What exciting news! (even though it is the opposite of what we were expecting! ha!)

I agree with Brenda. I'm excited that Natalie will have a sister. That is something I always wanted and never received. I guess that is why God has blessed me with so many good girlfriends!

Julie

Alissa said...

That was the sweetest most precious way ever to reveal the big gender news!!!! I thought about you today and almost called you at like 2:30 this afternoon, and thought, "No, you big dork! She's too excited and does not need your dorky rear-end calling her." I thought, I will just read her excellent blog when I get home. Anyways, super-duper excited for all ya'll. I was thinking boy too BTW. Hmmm, the draino does lie. Somebody tried that ring thing with me and it lied too!!!

Brianna said...

Awwwww....how exciting!!! Guess I won't be trying the drano, I'll just have to wait another 3 months!Love Natalie's look that she is giving daddy! She is too cute!

Mandy said...

What a cute little "story"! Congrats!!

Cheryl Wray said...

I was right! I was right!!! (Dancing around happily!!)

I just had one of those feelings about PINK!!

Yay! I'm so excited for you guys, and the way you posted it is so sweet!!!

Charin Adams said...

Aww, yay!! :) Congrats!

Jamie said...

I am so excited for you guys!

I would not tell Telah the other day in the hospital. I made her wait for the surprise.